St. Andrews, Eden Course
By the year 1913 the pressure for play on the Old, New and Jubilee courses was such that a fourth course was required.
Opened for play in 1914, the Eden course was designed by Harry S. Colt, internationally renowned for his course design skills. His use of natural features and of partially buried field boundary walls gives the course an entirely natural feel.
Since 1919, it has played host to the Eden Tournament, one of Britain's oldest amateur golfing events. Every year, in the second week of August, over 250 golfers play for the Eden Trophy.
The course uses existing features and a partially buried field boundary wall to give a natural feel. Alterations were completed in 1989 under the direction of course architect Donald Steel and in 2000 a new clubhouse was built.